Looking for a ping plotting tool for *nix

E.B. Dreger eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Wed Nov 28 03:07:24 UTC 2001

> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:52:36 -0800
> From: dani-post at roisman.com

> I'm searching for a tool that will continuously (once per
> second or .5 second) ping every hop on a specified path (or
> ping a list of hosts) and somehow plot/graph/track packet loss
> and latency/jitter.

Without 1) starting a flame war or 2) insinuating that you would
engage in bad behavior, all hops are within your network, right?

Consistent pinging across others' networks is generally frowned
upon.  (And, no, I can't recall the RFC off the top of my head,
nor whether it said "MUST NOT" or "SHOULD NOT" -- I believe the
former.)

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 (316) 794-8922 Wichita/(Inter)national
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence