Followup British Telecom outage reason

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Mon Nov 26 03:34:04 UTC 2001

> easier said than done when everybody wants every fancy new feature 110%
> solid and yesterday.

Not everybody.  What I want more than the fancy new feature is: honest
schedules and honest self-appraisals.  A vendor who promises me what they
think I want to hear or maybe even what I really do wish I could hear is
not as valuable to me as a vendor who tells me the bold bald truth no
matter how much it hurts my proposed rollout schedule or how much it might
help one of their competitors who can deliver $FANCY_NEW_FEATURE earlier.
--
Paul Vixie <vixie at eng.paix.net>
President, PAIX.Net Inc. (NASD:MFNX)