win95 and IEAK6.0

Patrick Muldoon doon at inoc.net
Wed Nov 21 20:25:45 UTC 2001

Of
> Joshua Coombs
> Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 3:08 PM
> To: nanog at nanog.org
> Subject: Re: win95 and IEAK6.0
>

> While it may be sooner than some would like, I've no qualms with
> Microsoft cutting off older versions of software.  Just think how
> much smoother and stabler Win95 could have been if MS bit the bullet
and
> dumped DOS/win 3.1 support?
>
> In any case, why do your customers HAVE to use the latest IEAK package
> to connect to your service?  Is it not possible to keep older versions
> on hand for older systems?

I believe in the Microsoft Liscense for the IEAK.  That when a new
version is released you MUST upgrade to it in a reasonable amount of
time.  I am not sure about the exact wording as it has been a while
since I messed with the IEAK.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon, Network/Software Engineer
INOC, LLC
doon at inoc.net

I am still waiting for the advent of the computer science groupie.