how many roots must DNS have before it's considered broken (Re: ISP network design of non-authoritative caches)

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Nov 19 16:37:28 UTC 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 00:23:11 +0800, Adrian Chadd said:
>
> > * write a plugin for IE
> > * write modules for the other popular browsers (w3m, links, lynx,
> >   netscape/mozilla, perhaps even Opera if you can figure it out..)
>
> The Internet is not the Web.
>
> Proof: This mailing list.

Yes, but I don't see the majority of the "DNS problems" people
complain about stemming from IRC servers, or even email addresses.
Its a "corporate identity" thing, or at least it seems like its
being marketed that way to me.

But yes, you're right - any neo-DNS solution should also take
into account other "things" such as email. Think "service location"
and "service searching/indexing" rather than "website keyword".

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Auntie Em, Hate you. Hate Kansas.
<adrian at creative.net.au>	  Taking the dog."