ICANN off the map

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Mon Nov 19 02:41:35 UTC 2001

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Sean Donelan wrote:
> > I know of no critical Internet infrastructure service which requires
> > www.icann.org to be reachable in order to function.
>
> I don't believe I ever said it did. If you think that I get some sort of
> pleasure out of them being down, I don't.

As far as I can tell, DNS for icann.org is functioning as designed.
It has several name servers dispersed across geographical areas and
network topology which continue to give authoritative answers for the
icann.org zone without interruption.  Isn't that how its supposed to
work?

ICANN has nothing to do with routing, the world wide web, or lots
of other things on the Internet.