ISP network design of non-authoritative caches

Paul A Vixie vixie at vix.com
Sun Nov 18 23:20:29 UTC 2001

> Sorry to burst your reality distortion bubble Paul, but there are a very
> large number of us who don't consider ICANN to be either representative of
> our best interests, nor the ultimate authority on "the Internet".

right.  i've heard that.  however, your actions don't support your words.

otherwise you'd just start your own root zone with no NS RR's except those
to your own TLD's, and you'd publish it to like-minded people, and you would
not have a "fallback" domain that ends in .ORG, and you would not concern
yourself with reachability by folks who follow the actual DNS specification
and thus recognize only a single unique namespace.

in other words, the fact that i am able to listen to your rants is proof that
you do not believe what you're ranting about.

if you want to prove me wrong, then it's simple.  upgrade your system to IPv8
and exchange traffic only with those who have done likewise.  of course, most
of those people are only reachable by some other stargate, and jim for some
reason numbered his stargate at "0" on the improbable assumption that that
number isn't already in use somewhere else in IPv8-land.