MPLS in metro access networks

Irwin Lazar ILazar at tbg.com
Thu Nov 15 18:00:54 UTC 2001

MPLS is also useful as a VPN provisioning tool in the Metro space,
especially to allow the provisioning of end-to-end PVCs regardless of Layer
2 transport.  For example, a service provider could use MPLS-VPNs to link
sites on its Ethernet MAN to sites on its DSL or Frame Relay services.

Also, you may wish to check out Riverstone's collection of papers on
Etherent, MANs and MPLS available at:
http://www.riverstonenet.com/technology/ and the MPLS Resource Center -
www.mplsrc.com

Irwin