NorthStar Released

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at gitoyen.net
Wed Nov 14 08:24:05 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 13 November 2001, at 21 h 4,
Hitesh Patel <hitesh at presys.com> wrote:

> Well, the freeipdb.org guys beat me to it but I am happy to announce
> the release of the NorthStar IP Address Tracking System v1.0 at:

It would be intersting to compare the three free tools I know of:

* FreeIPDB <http://www.freeipdb.org/>
* RoboBijal <http://www.robobijal.org/>
* NorthStar <http://www.brownkid.net/NorthStar/>

For my limited experience, I can say that FreeIPDB is quite rough, absolutely not usable out-of-the-box. Only for people willing to participate in the development, I would say.

Robo-Bijal is specialized in RIPE allocation and has nice features for people dealing with RIPE (sending updates, for instance).