Strange BGP phantom announce remaining

Neil J. McRae neil at DOMINO.ORG
Tue Nov 13 10:53:05 UTC 2001

Hello,

Who in COLT did you email? Nothing came in via noc at colt.net
regarding this.

We saw this route from a peer that was announcing us a huge number
of routes that for some reason max-prefix didn't prevent from happening,
although after rebooting, the box did take the session down. My guess
is that the routes announced to us had sometype of corruption that
didn't send it through the max-prefix subroutine properly to detect
the number of routes being advertised.

Regards,
Neil.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx route-server.COLT.NET xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx     COLT INTERNET Backbone Route Monitor   xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This router maintains peerings with key infrastructure routers in the
COLT backbone.

This service is provided for informational purposes only and as such is
unsupported, hence it may go away at any time.

Questions and queries should be addressed to noc at COLT.NET

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx