wireless traffic

Andrew Brown twofsonet at graffiti.com
Sat Nov 10 05:14:10 UTC 2001

>Way Back When, I think that IEEE was the party that handed out prefixes
>to be used as MAC addresses. I know several people have compiled lists
>at one time or another.

there are quite a few lists...i've found these so far.

lists:

        http://www.cavebear.com/CaveBear/Ethernet/vendor.html
        ftp://ftp.cavebear.com/pub/Ethernet.txt
        http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt
        http://www.iana.org/assignments/ethernet-numbers
        ftp://ftp.iana.org/in-notes/iana/assignments/ethernet-numbers
        http://www.netsys.com/macaddr.html
        http://map-ne.com/Ethernet/vendor.html

lookups:

        http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/
        http://coffer.com/mac_find/

general info:

        http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/tutorials/EUI64.html

>There's a neat little app for palm OS handhelds called Ethertools*, that
>had a reasonably comprehensive list of the well-known ones.

i find it far easier to just 'dig txt ##:##:##.et.graffiti.com' when i
need to know.

ps - i'm looking for capable secondaries for this zone

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
codewarrior at daemon.org             * "ah!  i see you have the internet