IP allocations...

Mark Prior mrp at mrp.net
Tue Nov 6 02:58:56 UTC 2001

At 8:51 AM -0600 5/11/01, Borchers, Mark wrote:
>My understanding of Rich's words "subdelegating internally" would
>be delegations for corporate lans, pop devices, dialup pools, and
>so forth, rather than customer assignments.  Depending on which
>he meant, the two roles are very different.

Well in the system I developed we basically used it for all of the
above since we needed the same sort of information to justify our
assignments to the APNIC when we came back for more. The system could
identify an infrastructure request so it could be more lenient with
respect to requesting second opinions but our customers would have
been unimpressed if there was one set of rules for them and another
for us. Of course the internal clients (marketing :-) didn't like it
when you said no but that's why you have someone further up the chain
than a low level NOCer making the decisions.

Mark.