OT: ATT Broadband Exec

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 23:21:42 UTC 2001

--- Andrew Metcalf <prelude at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I'm having a particularly bad time with dispatch/install for ATT broadband
> in the GA region. Does anyone have any email-phone numbers of an
> exec/helpful person for that region? Steven White?

Ha Ha Ha!

That's the best laugh I've had all day.  (I live in the Atlanta "Super-Headend"
region)

AT&T's own people will tell you that there is no way for them to reach the
dispatch division.  I would have to guess that the AT&T install/dispatch
division is the farthest thing from communications capable. (think: 2 paper
cups and string)

Heck, a month ago I finally got an AT&T installer to RE-connect my cable that
another installer screwed up 6 days prior.  That installer himself couldn't
reach his *own* dispatch operator.  Prior to that ...., oh jeeze there isn't
enough time to document all my past problems.

It is very apparent that AT&T Broadband is spending all of their money on, fake
looking "Audit Team" magnetic signs for ALL of their service vehicles, and
mind-numbing on-hold messages describing how much better things are that they
now have separate phone numbers for sales, service, installs, and HSD, as well
as online help at
"H_T_T_P_colon_forward-slash_forward-slash_help_dot_broadband_dot_att_dot_com
.... note there is no need to preface the word help with the letters: W_W_W
when typing
H_T_T_P_colon_forward-slash_forward-slash_help_dot_broadband_dot_att_dot_com".

     <#@&+#@! I still hear it in my sleep. Please God, make it stop!>
Btw, with the competence their managers have shown so far, it is apparent that
"Audit" and "Team" are two of the farthest words from the AT&T Broadband
vocabulary.

Pardon my rant, I wish you well, but I wouldn't bet on your success anytime
soon.

-Jim P.