214/8 and 215/8

Philip Smith pfs at cisco.com
Thu Nov 1 01:44:50 UTC 2001

I seem to remember that they were exchanged for 49/8 and 50/8. Seems a bit
odd that this was done, and I'd love to know what the technical or
operational or political advantage was. Maybe the IANA folks can shed more
light?

 From http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space:

049/8           Joint Technical Command                 May 94
                 Returned to IANA                        Mar 98
050/8           Joint Technical Command                 May 94
                 Returned to IANA                        Mar 98
214/8           US-DOD                                  Mar 98
215/8           US-DOD                                  Mar 98

philip