Frame-relay outage: Nolo Contendere

E.B. Dreger eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Tue May 29 17:27:43 UTC 2001

> Date: 29 May 2001 09:53:13 -0700
> From: Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com>
>
> Intersting cover letter included with SBC's FCC Outage report on
> Friday's  frame-relay problems in California and Nevada.
>
> "Attached please find an Initial Service Disruption Report by SBC
> Advanced Solutions, Inc (SBC-ASI) This report is submitted on an
> informational basis, and without admission that the provisions of 47 CFR
> 63.100 are appliaable to SBC-ASI or to the services provided by
> SBC-ASI."

[ snip hairy URL ]

> I note that both Worldcom and AT&T filed FCC initial outage reports
> about their frame-relay and ATM network problems, and final outage
> reports without such words in their cover letter.

I recently read a tariff filing by SWBT that did something similar.  I'd
have to dig up the filing for the exact wording, but it was something to
the effect of "we're just doing this because we're nice, not because we
think it applies."  Yeah, right.

Is this "we don't agree with the PUC, but we're just doing it because
we're so nice" thing something that SBC does now?

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc.
EverQuick Internet Division

Phone: (316) 794-8922