More BW, Less Taxes

Simon Lockhart simonl at rd.bbc.co.uk
Tue May 29 16:33:10 UTC 2001

>	Yup.   However, have you priced an STM1 from Sydney to Tokyo vs
>	STM1 from Sydney to US and Tokyo to US?  The two STM1s are about
>	75% of the cost of the direct STM1.

No, but I've priced from US to Tokyo. That's about 10 times the cost of
New York to London, or 5 times the price of New York to San Jose.

(Admittedly, my US <> Tokyo pricings are from "big carriers" who don't
tend to be the most competitive. A quick browse of band-x shows a US<>
Tokyo circuit 40% cheaper)

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516
BBC Internet Services                | Email: Simon.Lockhart at bbc.co.uk
Kingswood Warren,Tadworth,Surrey,UK  |   URL: http://support.bbc.co.uk/