Mitch tries to defend his open relay again (was Re: ORBS (Re: Scanning))

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at opaltelecom.co.uk
Mon May 28 21:07:06 UTC 2001

I dont generally participate in flame especially where its cruel
pointless and at someone elses expense

but thanks John for the laugh!

You forgot to mention the main server, a Sun Sparcstation 10 with dual
75Mhz CPU.. (they have FIVE in total).. complete with 19" Trinitron
monitors.. and running the all powerful Solaris 2.4 and 2.5.1 augmented
with GNU, perl and python. Its even kitted up with a 64-port serial card
for the sparc and microcom modems which is able to support a huge 33.6k
dialup pool....

Altho I'm confused at how 'Netside offers a full uncensored usenet feed'
with only '18Gb of dedicated news storage' and not to mention the T1
capacity problem? ... Good job they have TWO starlan hubs!!

... i need to lie down, my sides hurt ...

--
Stephen J. Wilcox
IP Services Manager, Opal Telecom