Layer4 Re: VPN Solution (WAS: ORBS (Re: Scanning))

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Mon May 28 16:54:29 UTC 2001

Depending on requirements, isn't the whole idea to put the email into the
tunnel? That's why this thread came up in the first place. BTW, SSH
tunneling can drop every packet through the tunnel with a forward-all
config. it isn't even very hard and can be done with a Win client, using
F-Secure. In fact, sometimes that works, when PPTP doesn't, in
Windows-hostile environments (*nix bigots sometimes do everything they can
to screw up Win machines). However, none of it works when port 22 is blocked
by the firewall.