ORBS (Re: Scanning)

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Mon May 28 01:46:13 UTC 2001

Well, you MUST (RFC2505, 2.1) prevent unauthorized use of your mail
server as a mail relay.

So if your question is "since my local users don't have to
authenticate themselves against my mail server, is there a rule that
says I can't offer unauthenticated SMTP service to roaming users", I
guess the answer is "yes, there IS actually a rule forbidding that."

Cheers,

--
| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |