EMAIL != FTP

Mitch Halmu mitch at netside.net
Sat May 26 19:46:56 UTC 2001

On Sat, 26 May 2001 Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> On Sat, 26 May 2001 10:48:48 EDT, Mitch Halmu said:
>
> There's *NO* change in what can be transferred.  The ONLY difference is you
> can avoid converting it to base64 at the one end and then decoding it at
> the other end.  If you haven't noticed, viruses, trojans, and worms are being
> transmitted just as were compiled, via the *current* infrastructure.

Hmmm, I'm looking at an encoded snowhite message body right now. midgets.scr
encoded in base64, and transmitted as an attachment. Can provide you a
copy in private if you want to take it apart (but not on a PC, or you'll
get a *huge* surprise ;)

All others in that family that I looked at were also encoded. Did anyone
get a raw binary via regular email?

--Mitch
NetSide