EMAIL != FTP

Steve Sobol sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net
Fri May 25 22:15:48 UTC 2001

deeann mikula wrote:

> uh, when is the last time that you worked the front line of an ISP?
> most people have never even heard of FTP.  i almost spewed my orange
> juice all over my desk when i read that paragraph. :)

I wish there was an easy way to come to some kind of compromise. I
consider myself lucky that when I explain why sending big files via
email is bad, people do in fact understand and are open to alternate
means of transferring the files, but I can see how, at a larger ISP,
there would be a lower percentage of people like that.

--
Tired of Earthlink? Get JustTheNet!
Nationwide Dialup, ISDN, DSL, ATM, Frame Relay, T-1, T-3, and more.