Email Parcel Post is Good!

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Fri May 25 19:00:22 UTC 2001

... and you expect to get this disk from Livermore to Chicago, in 5 minutes,
... how?

Business moves at Internet speeds these days, in case you hadn't noticed.

To put it in a way even understandable to techies;

Collaborrative document, updated and swapped between 4 authors,  and
reviewed by two others, widely separated geo-physically. Revised and
rewritten 5 times per day, for a week (Not counting NetMeetings). Trust me,
management does work this way.

Process run-time, with email = 1 week; with FedEx = 1 month.

Process cost (transit only), with email <= $20, with FedEx = $4500 (FedEx =
very happy)

Real cost; Deal is blown out because deliverable is three weeks late.
Instant lost revenue.

> my opinion.

opinion: invalid.