EMAIL != FTP

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.EU.net
Fri May 25 17:06:22 UTC 2001

> delivered.  SMTP is for mail, FTP/HTTP should be used for files.  Not to
> mention 99% of the time they are very rude to receive.  Just imagine, you're
> on vacation somewhere dialed in from a hotel that is charging you a buck a
> minute.  You go to pick up the email that is really important to you, but
> you can't because some jerk decided that they would send you the most recent
> funny AVI they saw on the web, when they could have just sent you the URL.
I don't see any bad things. I'll open IMAP folder, saw huge message and will
delete it - just ON the server. What's the problem with the mail protiocols?

If I use SMCP - OK, this message will have low priority and will not delay
otherts. And then are you expecting to use SMCP over dialup link with your
notebook?

Just again - if you have some technology problems, use better technology, not
limit the services.