EMAIL != FTP

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at thebiz.net
Fri May 25 15:45:13 UTC 2001

> 	Sorry, can't resist replying here.  In my limited (7 years)
> experience, 99% of all large file transfers via e-mail consist of dancing
> babies, horny snowmen, clumsy reindeer/monkeys/people movie clips.  Oh,
> did I mention the plethora of cutesy jack-o-lanterns around October
> 31st?  I also find it remarkable that no one seems to protect these
> 'sensitive' documents with PGP or another encryption method since we all
> know that e-mail is in plain text.  What were you saying about ftp being
> insecure?

Right, but let's not leave out the attchment honorable mentions, things like
ILOVEYOU, Snowwhite, etc.  ;-)  Perfect example of how email attachments can
start a wildfire.

--
Robert Blayzor         IP Network Engineer, BOFH     BiznessOnline.com, Inc.
rblayzor at thebiz.net          noc at thebiz.net           http://www.thebiz.net/

FreeBSD, Putting the 'Operating' back into OS! -- http://www.freebsd.org/