Stealth Blocking

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Fri May 25 12:03:32 UTC 2001

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 12:44:28AM -0400, jlewis at lewis.org wrote:

> Email them a URL with a username and password.

This requires that you:

1) Have a web site with sufficient space to store the file.

2) Have it accessible, i.e. not firewalled on port 80.

3) Set up the accounts and passwords.

It also requires that they:

1) Run a web browser.

2) Have the username and password available when they attempt to get the
file.

Exactly how is that more efficient than just mailing them the file?

I'd completely agree with you for, say, a mailing list; but we're talking
about person A wants the file, person B has the file.  Why should either
one of them jump through hoops?  More importantly, why do you give a shit
how they choose to transfer files to each other?