"Big Red"

Aaron epiphani at genesis.powertrip.net
Fri May 25 05:26:23 UTC 2001

If an address doesnt resolve, then how could the client have reached
webserver that redirects it on 404?

Chances are the client ran something that replaced the default lookup
error page for IE with redirect HTML.  IE accually uses content from one
of their DLLs to generate those "This page cannot be displayed" things.

Check shdoclc.dll for hacks.  I havent heard of anything that causes this
though.

-Aaron Wiebe