Stealth Blocking

Christopher B. Zydel czydel at cv.net
Wed May 23 23:02:35 UTC 2001

If you want to think of it in those terms, fine.

Like any other "law", the MAPS RBL has power only because the population
(of ISPs in this case) at large believes that it is just, and should be
followed.  ISPs that subscribe to MAPS RBL are saying that they believe
that open relays should not exist, that MAPS should be able to test for this
condition, and that they don't want to receive e-mail from non-compliant
hosts.  If you think this is a bad "law", then you'll need to convince enough
of the rest of the population at large of such, and then perhaps ISPs will
unsubscribe from the MAPS RBL.

/cbz