Stealth Blocking

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Wed May 23 21:35:07 UTC 2001

I'm getting seriously confused here. I thought that the open-relay issue was
irelevent to MAPS. That MAPS only black-holed confirmed SPAM sites (a little
tougher, but more granular, charter). Further, that it was ORBS that listed
open-relay sites specifically, whether they were involved in a spam or not
(unacceptable due to punishing potential anti-spammers for proliferating
spam that never saw their systems). To me, these are two entirely different
charters. If MAPS starts to look like ORBS then I will stop using MAPS.

Can someone please clarify?