Stealth Blocking

Robert Sharp rsharp at appliedtheory.com
Wed May 23 20:04:18 UTC 2001

I would like to make the point that I do run two mail servers and both a maps approved.
Please don't tell me I don't know how to run a mail server.  Again I am not discussing your
ability , please don't poke fun at me.  In fact I had some trouble with spam on one of them
because someone was signing up a list I use for the  owl networks mailing list.  I infact
installed MAPS to see if it helped the problem.  It did not because the user didn't run an
open relay site but rather a no confirmation email list.  Would I be correct to assume they
should be in the MAPS list too?  As you can see sometime spam/annoying emails is not always
sent throught an open relay but sometimes it's a problem with mailing lists.....  What should
maps do, start adding sites that act like this?

I am just making the point that if MAPS wasn't run by one person with total control maybe
some of us "retards who don't know what we are doing" would be a bit more will to support the
effort.

Rob