Stability of the Internet?

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Wed May 23 16:22:23 UTC 2001

Where? Also, this may bring on a jurisdiction issue with ICANN/DNSO. It is
the ICANN that is recommending new TLDs to the DOC, not the IETF. In order
tfor that effort to comply with WIP process, it should make attempts to
surface within relevent ICANN activity as well. Otherwise, ICANN doesn't
know about it and can't make appropriate recommendations. I'm very much
involved in that area and they are invisible to every one, in the DNSO. This
effects the open/transparent process and if they don't want to catch a LOT
of political flak (consider this fair-warning), they need to widen the
visibility of their effort. This effects ICANN policy directly and IETF
isn't a policy org. They are a PSO, not a DNSO.

--
ROELAND M.J. MEYER
/USG/DOC/NTIA/ICANN/DNSO member