Stability of the Internet?

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Mon May 21 23:01:45 UTC 2001

> Since INT is for intenational treaty organization, the use of INT internally
> would create a collision. Thereby, masking the entire INT TLD from the
> clueless org that did that. In past /ICANN/DNSO discussions it has been
> suggested, that we reserve a LOCAL or PRIVATE TLD for internal use only. Let
> me know what y'all think and which one y'all prefer. My personal preference
> is for both (three tiered <Internet>/Local/Private). The next question is;
> should this be an RFC?

	INT was originally earmarked for multinational organizations. It
	was then inclusive of INTernet infrastructure and only later was
	the multinational charter clarified to restrict these groups to
	international treaty organizations.

	There is work being done in the IETF to create such a private
	use TLD.

--bill