Stability of the Internet?

Albert Meyer albert at waller.net
Sat May 19 01:13:20 UTC 2001

I hear this same argument from clients who want me to unblock Napster. If
you look at the definition of censorship, it becomes fairly clear that when
a private company decides to block certain types of content from its
private network, that is not censorship. In order to "censor" Napster, or
new.net, or anything else, I would have to block (or at least attempt to
block) every possible access to it, rather than simply blocking it from my
company's private network.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=censor