Stability of the Internet?

Tim Langdell, PhD langdell at technologist.com
Fri May 18 20:16:12 UTC 2001

And the addition of new TLDs would cause instability because ....? I am not
sure I understand your point. And also, who said anything about setting up
new roots? There are a host (sorry for pun) of ways of introducing new TLDs
without adding new roots. For instance the New.Net approach and the addition
of new ccTLDs and the addition of new gTLDs via ICANN/DoC (.biz, .info,
etc). The core question remains, why would the addition of a new TLD per se
(that is, in and of itself) lead to or be possibly likely to lead to
"instability" of the Internet?

TL