2 Wire T1 - HDLC

Hunter Pine hunter at compuhelp.com
Mon May 14 23:22:50 UTC 2001

Actually, you're wrong.

I suggest you go to www.paradyne.com and do a search for the DSL Sourcebook.
It'll be on the top of the list of hits. Fill out their little form and look
at Chapter 3: DSL Basics. The third page down or so, the section is "HDSL
Enters the scene". It clearly states that HDSL is a 2 circuit system, 4
lines.

You are, however, correct in that HDSL can do more than T1 speeds. It can do
E1's as well, and even a little bit faster, up to 1.168mbps per line.
(that's roughly 2.33mbps to make myself clear).

Hunter Pine
Vice President, Network Operations
hunter at compuhelp.com
CompuHelp Technologies