Dont Knock The Technology, was Re: People who purchase unproven technologies to support theirBusiness, and whine about it.

John Palmer (NANOG Acct) nanog at adns.net
Mon May 14 18:00:15 UTC 2001

I have never had any line problems with my DSL connection. Never had to have
anyone come out and repair it and its never been down due to a line isssue
and we've had the connection since Jan 2000.

All of the issues have to due with mess-ups by PSINet or Covad. PSINet had
the wrong IP address information in their database and they sent that over
to CAIS when they transferred the account. Thats what started it all.

I have to say that I don't see where DSL is a flawed technology, just that
some of the players in the game are not very good at providing support.