People who purchase unproven technologies to support their Business, and whine about it. RE: To CAIS Engineers - WAKE UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS

Joe Marr jmarr at twmaine.com
Mon May 14 13:23:33 UTC 2001

"Since their business does not rely on thier line, they can do without more
expensive connection."

Right, absolutely. If I was a small printer in Albany, New York, and I
wanted a cheap affordable connection to browse the web on, or send some
email then yes, xDSL or Cable would be my choice. But if I had a businees
that relied on the internet, and the impact of an outage would severly
hamper my ability to conduct such business. Then the last thing I would do
is rely on xDSL (not including HDSL which is the technology the some T1's
are ran over).

Besides, if you need a /23 routed for you, then you are a small to medium
size business.