10 gige experience

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Sat May 12 03:21:35 UTC 2001

For those interested in easy access to the complete summary --
This material may now be found on my web site at

http://cookreport.com/10.04.shtml

>re gige:
>
>As long as we're discussing reading material, the July 2001 Cook report
>contains two good interviews on Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) with Howard
>Frazier [ex-Cisco, now-Dominet] and WorldWidePacket's Jonathan Thatcher.
>
>10 gige is discussed sporadically throughout, along with three variations of
>outside plant (Ethernet over UTP, P-P Fiber, and P-MP Fiber PONs, or EPONs)
>with implications to the greater 'Net's backbone, and other architectural
>opportunities/implications.
>
>http://www.cookreport.com

The COOK Report on Internet, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax) cook at cookreport.com   Index to 9 years
  of the COOK  Report at http://cookreport.com          For info on new report
go to  http://cookreport.com/lightipgige.shtml .  'Light IP & Gig E"  serves
as tutorial on on going economic model of Internet infrastructure - $375.00