in-addr survey?

Sebastien Berube sberube at zeroknowledge.com
Fri May 11 22:16:37 UTC 2001

I'd have to say that the people you'll be blocking doing this will be
legitemately blocked.  Now the problem comes from the ppl who don't have
reverse DNS setup properly.  Lets say you'd like to block download of a
crypto software to everybody in Yugoslavia, by not allowing downloads from
everybody comming from .yu, your legimately blocking a bunch of people,
but then, everybody comming from a .com in yugoslavia are going straight
through.  And you still don't have control over someone that'll decide to
dial-up all the way to another country to download your crypto software.

--
-S
SysAdmin
sberube at zks.net

Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"