10 gige experience

Frank Coluccio fcoluccio at dticonsulting.com
Fri May 11 19:06:22 UTC 2001

re gige:

As long as we're discussing reading material, the July 2001 Cook report
contains two good interviews on Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) with Howard
Frazier [ex-Cisco, now-Dominet] and WorldWidePacket's Jonathan Thatcher.

10 gige is discussed sporadically throughout, along with three variations of
outside plant (Ethernet over UTP, P-P Fiber, and P-MP Fiber PONs, or EPONs)
with implications to the greater 'Net's backbone, and other architectural
opportunities/implications.

http://www.cookreport.com

FAC