Traffic generator for loadbalancer test

Scott Francis scott at virtualis.com
Thu May 10 05:58:02 UTC 2001

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 12:49:06AM +0200, Arnold Nipper exclaimed:
> I am looking for a traffic generator for stresstesting load balancers. Has
> anyone an idea if there is software or anything else? I'm particularly
> interested in testtraffic for DOMAIN and WHOIS.

we have always liked http_load - used it to test Alteon, Extreme and
ClickArray load balancing apparatus so far. While it's perhaps not the most
featureful or powerful tool available, it's small, simple and free as in
beer (GPL'd IIRC). Check http://freshmeat.net and search for http_load.

--
Scott Francis                scott@ [work:] v i r t u a l i s . c o m
Systems Analyst          darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t