10 gige experience

Mike Leber mleber at he.net
Wed May 9 23:14:37 UTC 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Vinay Bannai wrote:
> > Anybody out there have any experience with 10 gigabit ethernet?
>
> I don't think the 10GEA has standarized the draft. It is slated for mid 2002.
> But some vendors might have non-standard implementations, but I am not aware of
> it.

Here is an article that states that IntelliSpace and others are already
using 10 Gigabit Ethernet equipment provided by Extreme Networks.  It is
skimpy on the details.

http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47_STO54671,00.html

I'm trolling to see if anybody in the nanog crowd was willing or able
(NDAs and all) to tell us about any 10 gige equipment they might be using.

| Mike Leber             Direct Internet Connections     Voice 510 580 4100 |
| Hurricane Electric       Web Hosting  Colocation         Fax 510 580 4151 |
| mleber at he.net                                           http://www.he.net |