China says we started it.

John Fraizer nanog at Overkill.EnterZone.Net
Wed May 9 16:07:30 UTC 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Shawn McMahon wrote:

> According to Reuters, Chinese hackers are calling a truce.
>
> And also, they say we started it.
>
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010509/wr/internet_china_hackers_dc_1.html
>
> Enjoy.
>

>From the above:

"
They broke into hundreds of Chinese sites, leaving messages such as ``We
will hate China forever and we will hack its sites.''
"

Wow.  That is substantially less intellectual than the _REAL_ US
originated hacks I've been looking at attrition.org.  Then again, it is

Beyond that, the article says, "A statement by the so-called Honker Union
of China, carried by Chinese portal Chinabyte, said that having attacked
1,000 Web sites, their goal had been reached."

Wow.  We only beat them by slightly better than a 7:1 ratio?  We're
slipping. <g>

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc