Instant chats and central servers

Scott Francis scott at virtualis.com
Wed May 9 05:09:07 UTC 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 06:45:55PM -0400, Christopher A. Woodfield exclaimed:

> This begs a question - does anyone have good experience with SSL-enabled
> IRC servers? I'm testing UnrealIRCd right now, but I've run into some
> showstopper bugs when trying to link servers over SSL. Any other
> suggestions?

http://www.suidnet.org

the original ircd-over-encrypted-channel ... but as others have noted, IRC is
not the best solution for IM needs (although it's certainly not a problem to
make a /msg via IRC behave identically to a message through your IM client ...
my sirc already does this for me (both audio and visual bell) ...)

--
Scott Francis                scott@ [work:] v i r t u a l i s . c o m
Systems Analyst          darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t