ISP Filter Policies--Effect is what?

John Fraizer nanog at Overkill.EnterZone.Net
Tue May 8 20:27:25 UTC 2001

Christian,

You can be damned skippy that if we had a legacy B, I wouldn't be
returning it any time soon.  It's the part about NOT paying arin fees that
makes it most attractive.  If ARIN had a policy like "If you return your
legacy B and only need a /19, /18, 17, we'll simply trade -- no fees -- no
harm -- no foul" I think that more people would be returning unused
address space.  As it stands, there is really no tangible incentive and
VERY tangible penalties for doing so.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc