black hat .cn networks

Bryan C. Andregg bandregg at redhat.com
Tue May 8 19:24:29 UTC 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 02:51:49PM -0400, John Fraizer mailed:

> On Tue, 8 May 2001, Franklin Lian wrote:
>
> > that news couple of years ago both in English and Chinese.  The
> > hacker actually was executed for stealing millions of dollars from
> > a bank he used work for, NOT for HACKING.  According to Chinese law,
> > any criminal commited to crime that evolves more than $100,000
> > (the exact number might be wrong) can be sentenced to death.
>
> The story I read had it as two individuals.  The not-so-bright one who had
> access to the bank and the bright one who designed and built a device to
> put inline at the bank.  The device diverted the equiv of pennies per
> transaction that passed through it to a bank account that the two had set
> up somewhere.  It was a brilliant scheme.  They screwed up by trying to
> withdrawl huge amounts of money at a time.  THAT's what got them caught.

Isn't that the plot to Superman III?
--
  Bryan C. Andregg           Smoke Jumper           "As Slow as Possible,
    <bandregg at redhat.com>      Red Hat, Inc.           As Fast as Necessary."

  gpg  1024D/19893A19	A8DA 869A 037A C6B5 BF07  AB61 E406 414B 1989 3A19