black hat .cn networks

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Tue May 8 18:17:30 UTC 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> "To translate this from English to your local language, please
> try $WEBSITE."
> So, how about we get imput as to the best English-Japanese
> translation service online, and then *cough* attempt to
> standardise on contacting chinese networks this way?
> They might appreciate the effort. Well, we can then at least
> say "hey, we TRIED, right?" before the more drastic measures
> are pulled. But if we agree on a decent translation website URL they can
> go to, we can get some human-translated chinese to cut and paste
> into emails.

Actually ive been thinking of setting up a page where you can generate
native-language complaint messages by selecting a language, and then
filling in the blanks with pulldowns, eg:

"Language: [Russian|Chinese|Korean|Japanese|Spanish|...]

To whom it may concern:

We [are receiving|were exploited] by [ddos|portmap|named|...] attacks from
[ip address|netblock] on [month] [day] [year] at [time]. Our timezone
offset is [UTC-xxxx]. Please take corrective action and notify me of the
results. If you do not speak [English|German|French|...] you can use the
webpage http://... to compose your reply. Attached are logs detailing
the attacks.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter."

This would of course require the assistance of native speakers. I should
be able to get russian, chinese, japanese, french, german covered.

My russian friend tells me that anyone operating a russian network should
have at least a basic understanding of english. Even when I sent them
complaints in russian, they responded in good english.

-Dan