black hat .cn networks

Eric A. Hall ehall at ehsco.com
Tue May 8 15:42:36 UTC 2001

Dan Hollis wrote:

> Has anyone on this list *ever* received *any* response to abuse mails
> to mainland chinese networks? Other than bounces...

I've received a handful of personal thank-you notes after notifying them
of open relays and similar activities within their network. Not many, but
more than I've received from uunet or psi.

The China block is currently being null-routed here, however, after the
weekend saw a big jump in probes and illicit connection attempts from
their networks. Even my mom got anti-US hate mail spam with a virus over
the weekend. It's just easier to block this crap at the source.