black hat .cn networks

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Tue May 8 10:55:00 UTC 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001, neil d. quiogue wrote:

> I don't think the encoding matters much since one is sending from a
> non-Big5/SJIS encoding to Big5/SJIS encoding and those that support
> Big5/SJIS support the other encodings.  The other way around might be a
> problem though.
>
> But the nonresponse is a valid concern.  I wonder if I'll be censored soon.
> :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Neil D. Quiogue
> PSINet Hong Kong Ltd.

Hi,

How about a line translated which says something like:

"To translate this from English to your local language, please
try $WEBSITE."

So, how about we get imput as to the best English-Japanese
translation service online, and then *cough* attempt to
standardise on contacting chinese networks this way?

They might appreciate the effort. Well, we can then at least
say "hey, we TRIED, right?" before the more drastic measures
are pulled. But if we agree on a decent translation website URL they can
go to, we can get some human-translated chinese to cut and paste
into emails.

As much as I'd like to point out the internet is still very english-centric,
we should really make an effort before stamping them as unresponsive.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"How could we possibly use sex to get
<adrian at creative.net.au>	  what we want?