Political Correctness Strikes a Blow for free speech....

Scott Francis scott at virtualis.com
Mon May 7 21:42:08 UTC 2001

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 02:17:50PM -0400, David Lesher exclaimed:

> I just love the bounce message I just got back...
>

> > Trend SMEX Content Filter has detected sensitive content.
> >
> > Place = nanog at merit.edu; ; ; wb8foz at nrk.com
> > Sender = David Lesher
> > Subject = Re: [Fwd: Re: HR 1542 [OT, anti-BS attempt, US]]
> > Delivery Time = May 07, 2001 (Monday) 14:09:15
> > Policy = Sexual Discrimination
> > Action on this mail = Quarantine message
> >
> > Warning message from administrator:
> > Sender, Content filter has detected a sensitive e-mail.
>

> What a great way to limit my audience to those adult enough
> to be willing to risk "sensitive content..."

so what "sensitive content" tripped the filter? was it legitimate (i.e. one of
the 7 words, discussion of bedroom practices, etc.) or was it a bonehead
filter a la CyberSitter et al?

--
Scott Francis                scott@ [work:] v i r t u a l i s . c o m
Systems Analyst          darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t