Carrier Circus (was RE: Intermedia (ICIX) brokenness...)

Majdi S. Abbas msa at samurai.sfo.dead-dog.com
Sat May 5 02:49:17 UTC 2001

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 03:47:09PM -0400, Richard A. Steenbergen wrote:
> 30 second outages are pretty light in the history of GCTR and
> GBLX outages.

	I would definitely have to agree.  Personally, I think this
speaks volumes.

	I have spent 4 hours on the phone with GCTR trying to find
someone capable of understanding that HSRP does not work when you put
interfaces in the same subnet on different VLANs.....

	I have spent 5 hours waiting for GCTR to diagnose a simple
failed linecard.  That was just the diagnosis; it took another 7
hours or so to actually replace it.

	You're right about multihoming; anyone in a GCTR facility
should /definitely/ be multihomed.

	--msa