black hat .cn networks

John Fraizer nanog at Overkill.EnterZone.Net
Wed May 2 07:18:15 UTC 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Michael C . Wu wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 04:17:27PM -0700, mdevney at teamsphere.com scribbled:
> | Personally, I'd *love* to firewall Earthlink and AOL... As well as
> | /dev/null all their spam and g-line them from the IRC servers of the world
> | and block all access from/to AIM and friends.
>
> And how will you access the AIM and ICQ servers if you block AOL?
> Remember who owns the *A*IM and ICQ servers....
>
> --
> | keichii at iteration.net         | keichii at freebsd.org       |
> | http://iteration.net/~keichii | Yes, BSD is a conspiracy. |

UM, I think that he had bundled AIM and ICQ into the "^%*###@!!! waste of
bandwidth" catagory.  That is if I read the original message
correctly.  Believe it or not, there are a WHOLE bunch of operators who
actually use the fangled device that Alexander Bell patented when we need
to contact someone FAST.  (That is when the ^&*(#'s have valid information
out at PUCK or in ARIN or something at least mirrored  by RADB.)

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc